Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Ninja Raccoon

I feel like a common theme throughout this blog might become the difference between white and black people. Not because I’m racist. It’s just so damn funny.

Like when I watch the Bernie Mac show with my best friend’s boyfriend Jorin. He always looks at Vanessa and I wondering if this is all some big joke. I don't think he understands that black families are actually like that. He’s lived the quintessential white family life; full of stern conversation instead of getting whooped, civil divorcees, and birthday weeks...

WTF is a Birthday Week?!?!

Prime example: One day at work, Jorin and I were taking a tandem break sitting under a palm tree in the parking lot. As we were talking, I noticed something move out of the corner of my eye up in the tree. I didn’t get a good look at it but I was already on Terror Alert Red. Jorin continued to talk obliviously as I slowly got up to make sure I wasn’t about to die. I’ve seen all the movies and I knew I was the only black guy around.

I actually thought it was a monkey. Why monkey? It was big and in a tree. I have no real good explanation for that one.

Then I saw it… a raccoon staring right back at me in the middle of the day about to pounce from the tree above me.

Jorin looked up and said “There’s a raccoon.” At that moment, he had to look around to see where I went. Of course I had ran for my life a good 10 seconds before he even looked up to see the furry ninja.


We both found it really funny that my first instinct was to flee and his was to look danger in the face and talk about it.

So why am I the first to die again?

SBP Mobile - Slapping Bitches on the Go

No comments:

Post a Comment