Monday, May 4, 2009

Mind My Chester French


I love music, but it's not everyday that an artist/band comes out with music that completely and utterly rocks my face off. Enter the boys of Chester French. They have been on heavy rotation ever since their mixtape "Jacques Jams, VOL. 1: Endurance" hit the interweb.

This is about the time that I talk about my favorite tracks, but I can't do that. It would be wrong to just talk about just one. This is the most complete album I've heard in a very long time and it's just a free online mixtape. Yes FREE! It tells a story, with great, hilarious skits in between, that talks about their rise from Harvard graduates, to making their debut album and hanging out with the likes of Pharrell and Diddy. I honestly can't believe that an album this awesome exists. If I were to ever make an album, this is exactly how it would be.

It mixes rock, hip hop, soul and everything in between. And it's not some crazy mix-match that doesn't make sense. It just flows together seamlessly. It just freakin works! Let's not even talk about the guest stars on the mixtape. Ok, let's name them: Diddy, Pharrell, Common, Talib Kweli, Bun B, Janelle Monae, Pusha from the Clipse, Solange, Jadakiss, Cassie and Jermaine Dupri among others. Yeah, it looks like I'm not the only one who's caught the Chester French bug...

Their debut album, "Love the Future," just came out and from what I've seen, has been getting some great reviews. I'm waiting to buy the album (yes, I said BUY not DOWNLOAD), because I'm not sure which package I want to buy from them. I'm actually a VIP member so I have SO many choices. Oh, and if you're wondering if their awesomeness is just being blown out of proportion by my fanboy ways, I should let you in on some of the packages they offer: I can have them play basketball with me and hang out, come have a slumber party at my house where they cook breakfast and serenade my mother, OR going on a freakin African Safari with them! Yeah, they're that awesome...

If you want to check out the mixtape (which i know you do), you can download it from their website:

http://www.chesterfrench.com/mixtape/

I'll have a review of their debut album when I finally decide what package I'm getting. Who wants to see me on an African Safari? Cross your fingers...

No comments:

Post a Comment